Programs & Partnerships
We have established partnerships with many community-based organizations to support students and families, enhance our curriculum and magnet program, and provide additional opportunities for enrichment.
- We are a United Community School, an initiative of the United Federation of Teachers. This program allows us to provide a variety of supports for students and families to ensure that every child is ready to learn and thrive.
- New York Cares provides a variety of programs and services for our students, including the back-to-school backpack/school supply program and the Winter Wishes gift program.
Health and Wellness
- Dental: NYU Lutheran Dental maintains an office in our school. All students are eligible to receive dental check-ups and professional cleanings during the school day.
- Vision: All students receive a vision screening, and those who need a pair of glasses receive them for free through a partnership with Hellen Keller International.
- Family Health Challenge: Medical interns and residents lead these weekly lessons and introduce the children to a series of healthy behaviors each week for 8 weeks. The doctors have created videos to transition this to remote learning for the fall of 2020.
- Little Flower Yoga: Yoga instructors help our students to build resilience, improve emotional balance, teach social and emotional learning skills and help our students navigate distractions.
Arts and Theater
- Rosie's Theater Kids: Our entire 5th grade participates in this theater program, which involves learning about theater arts (including a trip to a Broadway performance) and creating a performance as a class. Some students also participate in their summer camp and continue in their Middle School program.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Salvadori: This project-based program brings engineering and architecture into the classroom. Students in grades K-1 learn about and build animal habitats, and students in grades 3-4 learn about and build bridges.
- BRIC Media Arts: Second-graders learn stop-motion animation from our partners at BRIC and complete fun animation projects.
- Sanford Harmony: This program includes weekly lessons and everyday practices designed around the pillars of diversity and inclusion, empathy and critical thinking, communication, problem solving, and peer relationships.
- Tutoring programs: We have partnerships with Pace University and New York Cares to provide tutoring for students in need of additional one-on-one support.